And so I’m back…from outer space. Well, actually, I’m back from Cape Cod. I finally moved and I’m finally blogging again. So much has changed in my life since I last blogged. I don’t have any clue how to catch everyone up so I’ll try to come up with this synopsis:
- I got divorced. It was a major ass pain, but pretty quick as far as marriage ending things go.
- I got involved with a
fuck wadguy named Mike and moved in with him for awhile, until that went to hell, too.
- Simultaneously moved in with one of my very best friends, Eric, and had a mental breakdown. Seriously, it started on moving day. But enough about that…I’m sure that’ll come back up (like bile) in future posts.
- The mental breakdown caused me to do something very drastic…move back to my hometown of St. Louis.
- I reunited with old friends and there was much merriment and rejoicing. Eben has been loving St. Louis and even my dog seems to be happy here. Hey, what can I say? His happiness is important to me.
- I met my current boyfriend, Jamie, on June 9th (one day before what would have been my wedding anniversary) and despite my horrific track record, we seem to be doing really well together.
- I have become addicted to quilting/sewing and this blog is a way for me to ween myself off of my own personal sweat shop.
So there you go. I left out gigantic chunks o’ stuph, obviously, and perhaps I’ll be able to get back to that stuff or maybe I’ll just let everything rot in the past and concentrate on my fresh new present. As they say on Cape Cod, “It’s hard tellin’, not knowin’.”
In a week, I’ll be heading back to the Cape with Eben for Christmas. I’m actually really excited to go, which is a great sign of healing because I couldn’t think about going back without PTSD-like symptoms kicking my ass as little as a few months ago. It’s a testament to how well things are going in my life. It’s also a testament to how much I love and miss Eric and my parents. Eric especially. He’s been a constant part of my life and Eben’s for so long that it just feels weird not having him around. I thought I would miss him less as time went on but actually the opposite has happened. At any rate, I plan on spending a significant amount of time just drinking beer with him at the house while the dogs give us reasons to mock them.
That’s all for now. I have to ease into this. Oh, and since I last wrote an entry here, I’ve started smoking again. I blame
the fuck wad Mike.